Tony,

To expand a bit on your useful validation definition.

Making sure computational results are reproducible does not mean they are correct. I believe that most NONMEM analyses cannot be proven to be correct therefore the validation efforts only assure reproducibility. Whether this makes the validation useful or useless is debatable.

Nick

A.J. Rossini wrote:
There is useless validation, and then there is useful validation.  The
latter is about making sure your computational results are
reproducible, the former is about making sure that your documentation
can be photocopied.   It's sort of the same thing, if you aren't a
modeler.

Unfortunately, most on this list tend to be modelers.