Hi, All,

This is just brief my understanding.

If common variable IRSET (a kind of reset indicator variable) is set to
1, this error message shows.
This variable is set with various conditions but without minimization
failure.

The condition I found is that

  IRSETP==1 or IRSET > 0.1*ITN or (IRESET==1 and IER==0)

Here ITN is iteration count and IER (presumably integer/indicator/index
of) error return code.

One reason (IRESET==1) is that 'RESET' event on Hessian matrix.
You may have seen the message like 'RESET HESSIAN, TYPE I' during the
minimization.
You may not see this message if you do not use PRINT=1 option.

Anyway, this message means NONNEM experienced some difficulties during
minimization, but "recovered" without any significant error message.
So, user is requested to be careful and make decision with "COVARIANCE"
together.
Because, "COVARIANCE STEP" is done in different subroutines from
"MIMINIZATION STEP" subroutines,  successful and reasonable covariance
step supports that "MINIMIZATION STEP" was right.

As others already mentioned, I don't care much about this message if
standard errors are reasonable.

Thanks,

Kyun-Seop Bae MD PhD

Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]