Pascal:
I cannot help regarding having all console messages sent to the proper files in
the PSN environment, but I can assist in avoiding your present NONMEM error.
If you insert at the beginning of the control stream file
$SIZES LIM1=??
and insert a large enough value for ??, then file buffer 10 will not be used,
and the error is avoided.  The value should be at least as large as the number
of data records (lines) in your data file (see section I.6 of
..\guides\nm720.pdf).

Although nmfe72 in parallel mode has been tested successfully in our hands to
use the file buffers for large data sets, it may not work in all grid
environments.  Setting the LIM values large enough avoids using buffer files,
and utilizes only memory. The problem also runs faster when buffer files are
not used.

Robert J. Bauer, Ph.D.
Vice President, Pharmacometrics, R&D
ICON Development Solutions