From: owner-nmus...@globomaxnm.com [mailto:owner-nmus...@globomaxnm.com] On
Behalf Of Navin Goyal
Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2014 6:25 PM
To: Gerry Sheng
Cc: nmusers
Subject: Re: [NMusers] Simulation problem of normal distributed data

Hi Sheng,
I don't know the exact reason behind such mysterious behavior but if you just
change the seed number (the UNIFORM seed) it works.
 e.g.   I changed the seed# from 7545 to 17545 and was able to simulate 1000
rows for the subject.

$SIMULATION (6446) (17545 UNIFORM) ONLYSIM NOPRED SUB=1

Its a rare occurrence but may be the seed number caused some issue (while
generating sufficient samples to satisfy the constraints you set up using the
DOWHILE LOOP). For example I think the same seed number (7545) may work when
the DOWHILE condition is reversed
(RL .LT. PRN) however it may not be appropriate based on your problem.
.......or may be there is some other explanation to such occurrence.

Kind regards
Navin Goyal

On Tue, Jul 29, 2014 at 10:54 AM, Gerry Sheng