Dear Rik,

Thanks, theses were indeed convenient equations!

For multiple dosing Matt Hutmacher derived the explicit equation for the ka=ke
case of the Bateman function, and this effort is available as supplemental
material here:
https://static-content.springer.com/esm/art%3A10.1007%2Fs10928-012-9274-0/MediaObjects/10928_2012_9274_MOESM1_ESM.docx

I am sure this was not easy to derive, but it is still just a tiny example
among the vast number of contributions that Matt patiently made to the
community.
I will always miss him for that, and for being a friendly face and a good chat.
However, it is good to see that his spirit lives on in so many others.

Sincerely

Jakob

PS.

The above link is one of the online supplements to this publication, on a KPD
model that used the ka=ke assumption for (single and) multiple dosing:
J Pharmacokinet Pharmacodyn. 2012 Dec;39(6):619-34. doi:
10.1007/s10928-012-9274-0. Epub 2012 Sep 23.
Longitudinal FEV1 dose-response model for inhaled PF-00610355 and salmeterol in
patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
Nielsen JC, Hutmacher MM, Cleton A, Martin SW, Ribbing J.
DS.

Jakob Ribbing, Ph.D.

Senior Consultant, Pharmetheus AB

Cell/Mobile:    +46 (0)70 514 33 77

jakob.ribb...@pharmetheus.com

www.pharmetheus.com

Phone, Office:  +46 (0)18 513 328

Uppsala Science Park, Dag Hammarskjölds väg 52B

SE-752 37 Uppsala, Sweden

This communication is confidential and is only intended for the use of the
individual or entity to which it is directed. It may contain information that
is privileged and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not
the intended recipient please notify us immediately. Please do not copy it or
disclose its contents to any other person.