Dear Bernard,

The user guide for scm seems to indicate that for the functionality of
time-varying covariates, you need to estimate the standard deviation of the
residual error as THETAS(s) (with SIGMAS(s) fixed to 1):
https://github.com/UUPharmacometrics/PsN/releases/download/4.7.0/scm_userguide.pdf
(see option “time_varying")

One more thing, before you switch to estimating the magnitude of the residual
error as a fixed effect: notice that W should represent the standard deviation
of the residual error (IRES in my example code below), and SIGMA(1,1) would
generally represent the variance.
Below, I provide the code that I would use for the additive error with SIGMA
estimated.
(the code with SIGMA fixed is provided in the scm user guide, under
time_varying).

Best wishes

Jakob

PS.
For other users, it should be noted that for covariates that are mostly varying
between individuals, and just slightly over time (e.g. WT in adults), the
option -time_varying in scm will have little or no impact.
But in this case, if another covariates is mostly varying over time, one may as
well include WT among the ones listed as time varying (assuming WT was measured
multiple times).
DS.

Example code for estimating additive error model with sigma estimated.

IPRED  = [Model specific equation, or F]

IRES   = DV-IPRED
ADD    = SQRT(SIGMA(1,1))
SD     = ADD
IWRES  = IRES/SD

Y      = IPRED + EPS(1)

Jakob Ribbing, Ph.D.

Senior Consultant, Pharmetheus AB

Cell/Mobile:    +46 (0)70 514 33 77

jakob.ribb...@pharmetheus.com

www.pharmetheus.com

Phone, Office:  +46 (0)18 513 328

Uppsala Science Park, Dag Hammarskjölds väg 52B

SE-752 37 Uppsala, Sweden

This communication is confidential and is only intended for the use of the
individual or entity to which it is directed. It may contain information that
is privileged and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not
the intended recipient please notify us immediately. Please do not copy it or
disclose its contents to any other person.