Open full time position at Sanofi R&D - Location: Paris (France)
Job Title: Modeling Scientist
Sanofi R&D is looking for a highly motivated and creative individual to join
its Modelling & Simulation group in Paris. The individual will primarily be
responsible for developing and executing PK/PD and Physiologically-based PK
(PBPK) Modelling and Simulations (M&S) analyses to support drug development
from discovery to late clinical stages in a variety of therapeutic areas
(Oncology, Immuno-Inflammation, Central Nervous System, Cardiovascular,
Infectious disease) for both small and large molecules.
The candidate must have strong experience in PK/PD, PBPK modelling in the
pharmaceutical industry and/or academia.
Main Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
* Implements innovative quantitative methods to integrate data of
pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, biomarkers and preclinical or clinical
outcomes with information of patient characteristics, pathway biology, disease
physiology and disease progression to facilitate quantitative decision making
in support to projects.
* Elaborates and executes PBPK and PK/PD modeling strategies in order to
support model informed drug decisions in discovery programs, in strong
collaboration with preclinical teams (Biopharmacy, DMPK, pharmacology and
* Works and communicates interactively with people from diverse scientific
backgrounds in a multi-disciplinary environment and interacts effectively with
project teams representatives
* Ensures quality of the study plan, protocols, reports, sections of reports
required for regulatory submissions to health authorities
* Maintains state-of-the art knowledge of modelling techniques and works in
compliance with guidance of regulatory authorities.
Education and Experiences Required:
* PhD or equivalent degree in pharmaceutical sciences, mathematics or similar
disciplines with demonstrated expertise and a track record in PBPK and
*Excellent programming skills (e.g.: R, Matlab, SAS,...) and solid hands-on
experience (minimum of 3 years' experience) in Population PK/PD modelling tools
(e.g. NONMEM, Monolix, PFIM, STAN,..).
Also practice in Physiologically-based pharmacokinetics modelling (e.g.:
SimCYP, PK-sim MoBi, Gastro-Plus) would be a strong asset.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with successful
* At ease in working in a dynamic matrix organization and team player
*Proficient in spoken and written English and ability to communicate in French
is an asset but not mandatory
To apply or for further details on this position, please contact Laurent Nguyen
by email: laurent.ngu...@sanofi.com