*From:* Sebastien Bihorel <sebastien.biho...@cognigencorp.com>
*Sent:* Tuesday, March 13, 2018 9:17 PM
*To:* Bill Denney <wden...@humanpredictions.com>
*Cc:* NMUsers <nmusers@globomaxnm.com>
*Subject:* Re: [NMusers] Time-Varying Bioavailability on Zero-Order Infusion

Hi,

I would suggest the following solution which should also work if you want
to apply some covariate effect on bioavailability:

* On the dataset side, set your RATE variable to -1 and store the actual
infusion rates into another variable, eg IVRATE

* On the model side:

$PK

; assuming the IV infusion are made in compartment 1

F1 = <whatever time varying function>

R1 = F1*IVRATE

Voila, NONMEM should take care of the dosing in the background as usual.

Sebastien