How to Ensure Your QSP Model is Useful - Illustrative Examples and Lessons
Learned

Christina Friedrich, PhD and Mike Reed, PhD
Chief Engineer and Chief Scientist,  Rosa & Co.

Wednesday, April 25, 2018, 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm EST
Register at https://www.rosaandco.com/webinars

Abstract: Quantitative Systems Pharmacology (QSP) modeling considers drug
mechanism of action in the context of biological disease mechanisms to improve
understanding of human biology and pharmacology. QSP models differ from PK/PD
models in their purpose and data requirements, and there can be significant
variability among QSP models in scope and level of detail, research questions
addressed, and available data.
If all models are wrong, but some are useful, how can you make sure that your
QSP model is as useful as possible? In this Webinar, we address some common
missteps and inefficiencies in mechanistic QSP modeling that can reduce the
usefulness of a model. We will draw on illustrative examples from personal
experience and the public domain to illustrate relevant aspects of modeling
approach and model quality and summarize lessons learned for ensuring that QSP
models are as useful as possible.