From: owner-nmus...@globomaxnm.com<mailto:owner-nmus...@globomaxnm.com>
<owner-nmus...@globomaxnm.com<mailto:owner-nmus...@globomaxnm.com>> On Behalf
Of Wang, Wenping
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2018 12:29 PM
To: nmusers@globomaxnm.com<mailto:nmusers@globomaxnm.com>
Subject: [NMusers] nlmixr 1.0 released on github

Today is a bit milestone for nlmixr: nlmixr released its version 1.0 on github
(https://github.com/nlmixrdevelopment/nlmixr).

In October 2016, nlmixr announced its birth at the ACoP in Seattle.  The
assignment of version 0.6 to the initial nlmixr was not completely arbitrary or
without consideration.  The nlmixr team felt nlmixr then was far from a
finished product.  Time flies in this short two years, now nlmixr the new kid
has finally made the first baby step.  We, the nlmixr team, are rather proud of
nlmixr’s first step.  We believe this release of nlmixr is solid for the
following reasons:

-       A comprehensive collection of non-linear mixed effect (nlme) model
algorithms: First Order Conditional Estimate (FOCE), First Order Conditional
Estimate with interaction (FOCEi), Adaptive Gaussian quadrature (with Laplacian
approximation as a special case), and Stochastic Approximation
Estimation-Maximization (SAEM).

-       A minimalist, intuitive, expressive, and domain-specific nlme modeling
language.

-       The capability of joint modeling of multiple endpoints.

-       A revamped SAEM engine with improved speed and stability.

-       The capability of out-of-box Visual Predictive Checks (VPC) after a
model fit.

-       The capability of out-of-box sophisticated Clinical Trial Simulation
(CTS) after a model fit.

-       The capability of an out-of-box comprehensive diagnostic kit with a
direct hook to xpose after a model fit.

-       The capability of modeling “odd type” data, including binary data,
count data, and bounded clinical endpoint (e.g., ADAS-cog has a range of 0 to
70).

-       Parallel computing ODE solving via the openmp package -- an industry's
first among the current population PK/PD simulators to the best of our
knowledge.

-       An intuitive, powerful, graphic user interface (GUI) based project
manager in shinyMixR.
The nlmixr team has been overwhelmed and humbled by the heart-felt outpouring
of support, enthusiasm and care to this free and open-source tool from the
global pharmacometrics community since nlmixr’s arrival.  Your constructive
criticism and suggestions have made nlmixr so much better than its first public
release.  nlmixr is still not a finished product.  We hope the added
functionality and stability would make your modeling experience more enjoyable.
 We hope you like this nlmixr release and continue to support this
community-based nlme tool.