The Uppsala Pharmacometrics Research Group is happy to announce that the
application for the 9th annual Uppsala Pharmacometrics Summer School (UPSS) is
now open (please find the link below).

Dates: August 12th-23rd, 2019
Place: Uppsala, Sweden

Intended for: PhD students

Topics: The first week will focus on covariate model building, the second week
on PKPD modelling of continuous and categorical data in NONMEM 7

Program: Lectures, hands-on sessions, student group work and student
presentations

Instructors: Mats O. Karlsson and colleagues

Prerequisites:
1) Previous experience with the NONMEM software
2) Students will be asked to submit an abstract of an analysis problem they are
currently working on or planning to start in the near future. Furthermore, it
would be highly appreciated if you can provide -and thus temporarily share-
data for our group work exercises (for further information, see below)
3) Students will also be required to present a poster based on this abstract.

Group work examples: During each course week, 2 days will be devoted to working
with real data examples brought by the participants. This has been appreciated
by the students who brought the examples as well as by the other group members,
who get to expand their hands-on experience. For the purpose of these
exercises, we ask applicants for examples of data that can temporarily be
shared with fellow students in the group. If you are able to bring data for the
group work exercises, please make sure that your abstract matches these data
and corresponding model.

Fee: Free of charge (transport, accommodation and food are not included)

Travel grant: Novartis travel grant covers travelling costs for up to five PhD
students enrolled at universities in developing countries. You can apply for
the grant via the same link as for the summer school (see below)

Please apply here:

http://doit.medfarm.uu.se/kurt13210

Application deadline: March 1st, 2019

Maximum number of participants: 25

Extra: A block of rooms at a suitably located hostel
(http://www.vandrarhemuppsala.se/en<http://hotellcentralstation.se/en>/) will
be reserved for course participants and a social program will be proposed.

For more information:

About Uppsala:
http://www.destinationuppsala.se<http://www.destinationuppsala.se/>/<http://www.uppsalatourism.se/en/>
About Uppsala university: http://www.uu.se/en <http://www.uu.se/en>
About the Uppsala Pharmacometrics group:
http://www.farmbio.uu.se/research/researchgroups/pharmacometrics/

Contact: carolina.llanos-p...@farmbio.uu.se or iris.minichm...@farmbio.uu.se

We are looking forward to your applications!