Thanks Bob and Peter!

The model is quite stable, but this is LAPLACIAN, so requires second derivatives. At iteration 0, gradients differ by about 50 to 100% between Intel and AMD. This leads to differences in minimization path, and slightly different results. Not that different to change the recommended dose, but sufficiently different to notice (OF difference of 6 points; 50% more model evaluations to get to convergence).
Thanks
Leonid