yes, it does at estimation, not sure about simulations step.
If you need true exponential error, log-transform of DV and model predictions is needed
Leonid

On 7/19/2021 11:34 AM, Guidi Monia wrote:
Dear colleagues,

We would like to compare the NONMEM predictions with those obtained by a Bayesian TDM software for models describing the residual unexplained variability with exponential errors.

We need to know if NONMEM performs a first order Taylor expansion of the exponential error when data are fitted by the FOCE method:

Y=F*EXP(EPS(1)) -> Y= F*(1+EPS(1)).

Could someone help with this?

Thanks in advance

Monia

Monia Guidi, PhD

Pharmacometrician

Service of Clinical Pharmacology | University Hospital and University of Lausanne

Center of research and innovation in Clinical Pharmaceutical Sciences | University Hospital and University of Lausanne

BU17 01/193

CH-1011 Lausanne

email: monia.gu...@chuv.ch <mailto:monia.gu...@chuv.ch>

tel: +41 21 314 38 97

*CHUV**
**_centre hospitalier universitaire vaudois_*

/var/folders/mv/mxzxwndj1w761kc51dsd0hdm0000gp/T/com.microsoft.Outlook/WebArchiveCopyPasteTempFiles/cidimage001.png@01D56893.8D99DD50