The only way I know to simulate with residual variability is to use

$SIM SIMONLY

If ETAs need to be fixed, they have to be in the data file

$INPUT ,PKETA1,

CL=THETA(1)*EXP(PKETA1+0*ETA(1))

--
another option is to use mrgsolve or similar R packages (after reading in estimated ETA values).
--

Mixed option is to simulate IPRED and then add noise in the R code after reading IPRED.

Thank you
Leonid