Tim Berners-Lee and Daniel Weitzner: Ted Cruz is wrong about how free speech is
censored on the Internet

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/wp/2016/09/20/ted-cruz-is-wrong-about-a-key-internet-agencys-ability-to-censor-free-speech/

        But the misguided call for the United States to exert
        unilateral control over ICANN does nothing to advance free
        speech because ICANN, in fact, has no power whatsoever over
        individual speech online. ICANN -- the Internet Corporation
        for Assigned Names and Numbers -- supervises domain names on
        the Internet. The actual flow of traffic, and therefore
        speech, is up to individual network and platform operators.

 - - -

--Lauren--
Care About Science and Tech? Our Job One: STOP TRUMP:
https://vortex.com/stop-trump
 - - -
Lauren Weinstein (lau...@vortex.com): https://www.vortex.com/lauren
Lauren's Blog: https://lauren.vortex.com
Founder: Network Neutrality Squad: https://www.nnsquad.org
         PRIVACY Forum: https://www.vortex.com/privacy-info
Co-Founder: People For Internet Responsibility: https://www.pfir.org/pfir-info
Google+: https://google.com/+LaurenWeinstein
Tel: +1 (818) 225-2800
I have consulted to Google, but I am not currently
doing so -- my opinions expressed here are mine alone.
 - - -
The correct term is "Internet" NOT "internet" -- please don't
fall into the trap of using the latter. It's just plain wrong!