Motherboard: Trump Backs Cruz's Plan to Sabotage the US Internet Transition

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/trump-backs-cruzs-plan-to-sabotage-the-us-internet-transition

        Despite Cruz and Trump's ominous warnings, internet policy and
        technical experts say the transfer will not somehow give
        countries like China or Russia the power to censor what
        Americans can see on the internet. "While we know that there
        was no love lost between Trump and Cruz during the GOP
        primaries, their shared colossal and shameful ignorance
        regarding the realities of the internet certainly makes them
        two of a kind," said Lauren Weinstein, a veteran internet
        policy and technology expert who was involved in developing
        the ARPANET, the precursor to the internet.

 - - -

--Lauren--
Care About Science and Tech? Our Job One: STOP TRUMP:
https://vortex.com/stop-trump
 - - -
Lauren Weinstein (lau...@vortex.com): https://www.vortex.com/lauren
Lauren's Blog: https://lauren.vortex.com
Founder: Network Neutrality Squad: https://www.nnsquad.org
         PRIVACY Forum: https://www.vortex.com/privacy-info
Co-Founder: People For Internet Responsibility: https://www.pfir.org/pfir-info
Google+: https://google.com/+LaurenWeinstein
Tel: +1 (818) 225-2800
I have consulted to Google, but I am not currently
doing so -- my opinions expressed here are mine alone.
 - - -
The correct term is "Internet" NOT "internet" -- please don't
fall into the trap of using the latter. It's just plain wrong!