English man spends 11 hours trying to make cup of tea with Wi-Fi kettle

        A key problem seemed to be that Rittman's kettle didn't come
        with software that would easily allow integration with other
        devices in his home, including Amazon Echo, which, like
        Apple's Siri, allows users to tell connected smart devices
        what to do. So Rittman was trying to build the integration
        functionality himself.

 - - -

I love the "Attention! You must connect to the kettle network before
proceeding!" error message.

Care About Science and Tech? Our Job One: STOP TRUMP:
 - - -
Lauren Weinstein (lau...@vortex.com): https://www.vortex.com/lauren
Lauren's Blog: https://lauren.vortex.com
Founder: Network Neutrality Squad: https://www.nnsquad.org
         PRIVACY Forum: https://www.vortex.com/privacy-info
Co-Founder: People For Internet Responsibility: https://www.pfir.org/pfir-info
Google+: https://google.com/+LaurenWeinstein
Tel: +1 (818) 225-2800
I have consulted to Google, but I am not currently
doing so -- my opinions expressed here are mine alone.
 - - -
The correct term is "Internet" NOT "internet" -- please don't
fall into the trap of using the latter. It's just plain wrong!
nnsquad mailing list