Fired Google Engineer Will Have a Tough Time Making Legal Case He's the Victim

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-08-08/fired-googler-faces-headwinds-making-legal-case-he-s-the-victim

        What's more, firing Damore may have kept Google on the right
        side of the law, if the company or its employees felt that the
        memo had created a work environment that was hostile to women.
        Adam Galinsky, chair of management at Columbia Business
        School, said companies may have a legitimate reason for firing
        someone for expressing views that disrupt the professional
        environment.  "I think that the firing was the appropriate
        response here," Galinsky said. "I think if they didn't fire
        the employee it would have created a lot of internal unrest
        among the women who work at Google."

 - - -

--Lauren--
Lauren Weinstein (lau...@vortex.com): https://www.vortex.com/lauren