HomePod Is the Ultimate Apple Product--in a Bad Way

https://gizmodo.com/homepod-is-the-ultimate-apple-product-in-a-bad-way-1822883347

        "This just boggles my mind--but it's not like I'm surprised
        that Apple's new audio hardware is firmly rooted within the
        walled garden that the company has been building for decades
        now. I just can't believe there is a human who is so committed
        to the Apple ecosystem that they would spend perhaps thousands
        of dollars to outfit the rooms of their house with HomePods,
        only to be stuck shoveling more money at Apple so that they
        can actually play music with those speakers. It feels so
        backwards! If you've been a Spotify user but really want to be
        getting the most out of your HomePod, you'll find yourself
        firing up iTunes and making new playlists like it's f*cking
        2006 all over again."

 - - -

--Lauren--
Lauren Weinstein (lau...@vortex.com): https://www.vortex.com/lauren