"Google's File on Me Was Huge. Here's Why It Wasn't as Creepy as My Facebook
Data."

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/16/technology/personaltech/google-personal-data-facebook.html?emc=edit_th_180517&nl=todaysheadlines&nlid=576886480517

        Google has far more data about us than Facebook. Yet unlike
        Mark Zuckerberg's social networking empire, which has been
        under fire for improperly leaking user data, Google has
        sidestepped controversy.  You may wonder: Why is that? After
        all, we turn to Google for not only our internet searches but
        also for our emails, calendaring, maps, photo uploads, video
        streaming, mobile phones and web browsers. That's far more
        pervasive than the baby photos and comments that we post on
        Facebook.  To help get an answer, I downloaded a copy of all
        of the information that Google has on me. Then I compared the
        trove to all the data that I already knew Facebook had
        obtained on me.  What I found was that my Google data archive
        was much larger than my Facebook file -- about 12 times
        larger, in fact -- but it was also packed with fewer
        unpleasant surprises.

 - - -

ALSO: "The Google Page That Google Haters Don't Want You to Know About" -

https://lauren.vortex.com/2017/04/20/the-google-page-that-google-haters-dont-want-you-to-know-about

--Lauren--
Lauren Weinstein (lau...@vortex.com): https://www.vortex.com/lauren
Lauren's Blog: https://lauren.vortex.com