Announcing the Google Security and Privacy Research Awards

https://security.googleblog.com/2018/11/announcing-google-security-and-privacy.html

        To accelerate the next generation of security and privacy
        breakthroughs, we recently created the Google Security and
        Privacy Research Awards program. These awards, selected via
        internal Google nominations and voting, recognize academic
        researchers who have made recent, significant contributions to
        the field.  We've been developing this program for several
        years. It began as a pilot when we awarded researchers for
        their work in 2016, and we expanded it more broadly for work
        from 2017. So far, we awarded $1 million dollars to 12
        scholars. We are preparing the shortlist for 2018 nominees and
        will announce the winners next year. In the meantime, we
        wanted to highlight the previous award winners and the
        influence they've had on the field.

 - - -

--Lauren--
Lauren Weinstein (lau...@vortex.com): https://www.vortex.com/lauren