[What could go wrong?] Another national DON'T PANIC! emergency
broadcast system test coming Wednesday, including cell phones

This coming Wednesday 4 October, there will be a "DON'T PANIC!"
nationwide test of the Emergency Broadcast System, hitting broadcast
outlets, cell phones, and more. What could be a better trigger of
traffic accidents than sending unexpected text messages (in some cases
apparently with unusual alert tones) to drivers who then fumble around
for their phones to find out what the hell is going on!

Of course, many people have learned to ignore all notifications from
their phones due to the endless stream of ads and phishing attacks,
and inappropriate overuse of "emergency" notifications by local
authorities.

The government brain trust does it again!

I'll be briefly discussing this tonight on my usual Monday evening
national network radio tech segment. -L

- - -
--Lauren--
Lauren Weinstein lau...@vortex.com (https://www.vortex.com/lauren)
Lauren's Blog: https://lauren.vortex.com
Mastodon: https://mastodon.laurenweinstein.org/@lauren
Pebble (formerly T2): https://pebble.is/laurenweinstein
Founder: Network Neutrality Squad: https://www.nnsquad.org
        PRIVACY Forum: https://www.vortex.com/privacy-info
Co-Founder: People For Internet Responsibility
Tel: +1 (818) 225-2800