“A bomb exploding in New York is obviously an act of terrorism, but it's not linked to international terrorism," New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo told reporters Sunday.

Cuomo’s remarks came hours after the explosion injured 29 people in New York City's Chelsea neighborhood. All of the injured are out of the hospital, Cuomo said.

The governor added the explosion caused significant damage in the area around the blast site. "When you see the amount of damage, we really were lucky that there were no fatalities."

He said an additional 1,000 New York State Police officers and National Guard troops will be deployed to patrol bus terminals, airports and subway stations. The deployment is "just to err on the side of caution."

Cuomo said the person or persons responsible would be caught.

"We will not allow these type of people and these type of threats to disrupt our life in New York. That's what they want to do. We are not going to let them do it. This is freedom. This is democracy, and we're not going to allow them to take that from us."