President Barack Obama said that "a nation ringed by walls would only imprison itself," an apparent jab at Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump, who has touted a physical wall along the US southern border with Mexico as a signature campaign issue.

Speaking at the United Nations General Assembly during his final address as President, Obama was making a call for greater global cooperation to combat inequality.

"A world in which 1% of humanity controls as much wealth as the other 99% will never be stable," Obama said.



----------------------------------------------
Get complete coverage of breaking news on CNN TV, CNN.com and CNN Mobile.
Watch CNN live or On Demand from your computer or mobile device using CNNgo.
----------------------------------------------


You have opted-in to receive this e-mail from CNN.com.
To unsubscribe from Breaking News e-mail alerts, go to: http://cnn.com/EMAIL/breakingnews/unsubscribe.html?l=domestic-adh-bn
One CNN Center Atlanta, GA 30303
(c) & (r) 2016 Cable News Network

Reply via email to