On Dec 12, 2008, at 9:58 AM, Christopher Larson wrote:

> I'd like to suggest a couple little features for the usability of the
> allocate income panel.  I'm thinking that:
> 1) it'd be nice to be able to choose "None" under the Monthly Timing
> dropdown, for income that's a windfall, and which you want to manually
> allocate to specific buckets rather than obeying the spending plan

Chris,

There is a "No Plan" frequency setting for a bucket that lets you
manually allocate income and exclude it from the spending plan because
the cash flow for that bucket is too irregular. In this case, you'd
use a manual drag and drop method to create a money flow to or from
this bucket.

> 2) it'd be cool to improve the keyboard usability a bit.  I noticed
> that to switch from the new flow from one bucket to the next, you have
> to hit tab to remove focus from the new flow input box, then hit down,
> then tab again to give focus to the next new flow input box.  If
> there's no way to access the other fields for a given bucket with the
> keyboard, why not have tab go directly from one new flow box to the
> next? :)

I agree that the flow could be better here but I didn't spend a lot of
time on it since most people don't change many of these new flow
amounts. I'll look at improving it in future releases. Thanks.

Peace,

Kevin Hoctor
ke...@nothirst.com
No Thirst Software LLC