On Jan 11, 2009, at 9:20 AM, Offline wrote:

> In Quicken, I can see the changing total of my net worth - with
> updated stock prices from my portfolio, and my cash and credit
> accounts.  A large part of my net value is that of my home, which has
> appreciated substantially from when I purchased it.
>
> So - I set up an asset account for the house with a value of 500,000.
> I had a mortgage of 400,000 (in MoneyWell, a loan account, I think).
> The mortgage is paid down over the years; however the house is now
> worth 800,000.  So I make an adjusting entry in the asset account for
> the house because, like the stocks, it's subject to market valuation
> and affects my net worth.
>
> How do I accomplish this in MoneyWell?

Mark,

MoneyWell doesn't do much for a net worth focus right now. That's
coming in the 2.x updates. The initial focus is on improving cash flow
so you can build cash reserves and eliminate debt.

Investment management will also appear at the same time as well.

Peace,

Kevin Hoctor
ke...@nothirst.com
No Thirst Software LLC