On Feb 9, 2009, at 12:44 PM, Andrew wrote:

> First, thanks for writing this great software.  My wife and I had been
> talking about dumping Quicken (*cough* crappy software *cough*) and
> made the plunge yesterday with Moneywell.
>
> It took me a while (about 6 hours) to get everything working correctly
> but that time was completely due to my short attention span while
> watching your informative tutorials.  Once I slowed down I realized my
> stupidity and everything worked perfectly!
>
> Being able to see our various buckets, allocating money, setting up a
> spending plan and the visualization within Moneywell around all of
> that is fantastic.

Thanks Andrew!

> I do have one question; is there a prioritized list of features to be
> implemented in future releases that you can share with us?  I don't
> necessarily care about specific timelines (I work in IT and know how
> *that* works) but am thinking more of a general idea of what is coming
> down the pipeline.  I've seen various bits of new features mentioned
> in this forum but piecing all of that together via the forum is a
> little difficult.
>
> As an example, if some kind of cool iPhone app is in the works then
> I'm going to need to create an "iPhone" bucket and start allocating
> $ ;)
>
> Thanks again for all of your work!

I don't publish future feature lists because it makes managing
expectations too difficult. I already chat too much about what I'm
publishing so it would be worse for me to clearly document it all. ;)

MoneyWell Mobile for the iPhone/iPod Touch is coming though and that's
the main reason for the 1.5 update. I'll also be working to improve
support for investment accounts and some improvements to the Allocate
Income process.

The MoneyWell 2.0 release will be a refresh of the interface to take
advantage of OS X Leopard technology (and of course will require
Leopard to run).

Thanks for your positive feedback!

Peace,

Kevin Hoctor