I have tried this, and the text does grow if you size it so there is
no need for a scrollbar (i.e. if you make the list longer). But if you
make it smaller, the text will not re-grow once the bar valished, and
it's the same on any other application, when the scroll bar vanishes,
the text does not grow either. I tried this on Firefox, Adium and Excel.

>>> Another minor comment.  If you shrink the account area down far
>>> enough, the scroll bar vanishes entirely, I assume because there's
>>> not
>>> enough room to display the arrow buttons and all.  When it does so,
>>> you should probably stretch the width of the account info so the
>>> balances are again justified fully to the right, otherwise you see
>>> this off color gap where the scroll bar used to be.  Very minor,
>>> just
>>> happened to notice it and wanted to write it down somewhere before I
>>> forgot about it :)
>>

>> Again, this is standard OS X functionality. That's also incredibly
>> small for a list to be of any use. If you size the list so there is
>> no
>> need for a scroll bar, it does make more room for the numbers.
>
> No, it does not.  When the scrollbar vanishes, the area of the screen
> formerly occupied by the scrollbar is now blank, empty, the text does
> not grow to fill the gap, nor does the background color match up with
> the numbers area, and the numbers themselves cannot, therefore, grow
> any more without the scrollbar there than with it.  If you'd actually
> tested it, you'd realize this.  If it's an OSX thing, that's fine, but
> claiming it does something it does not helps no one.
> --
> Chris Larson
> clarson at kergoth dot com
> clarson at mvista dot com
> Founder - BitBake, OpenEmbedded, OpenZaurus
> Maintainer - Tslib
> Software Engineer
> MontaVista Software, Inc.

Mark Hall