On Mar 5, 2009, at 2:58 PM, U.Block wrote:

> Patricia Cross <gweeptr...@mac.com> wrote:
>
>> Is that the expected behavior and is there any way I can tell it to
>> just plain
>> stop auto-memorizing checks?
>
> I have to concur. Moneywell is one of my favorite apps, but the auto-
> memorizing is the one thing that drives me crazy for the same reason
> you mention. I'm having to train myself to go into the Memorized
> Transaction pane before I do any importing or downloading into
> Moneywell so I can delete all memorized transactions. I can't wait for
> v1.5 if it indeed allows shutting off the automatic nature of
> memorizing transactions.

You don't have to delete all the memorized transactions, just make
sure that you have the correct alias set for generic transactions. In
other words, if you have generic payee names like "CHECK" or "ATM
WITHDRAWAL" simply create two memorized transactions with those payee
names and MoneyWell will add an alias with the same name. Now uncheck
all the memorized saves for bucket and other fields and they will
import fine without any problems.

A future version of MoneyWell will give you a better way of handling
these.

Peace,

Kevin Hoctor
ke...@nothirst.com