On Apr 14, 2009, at 8:54 PM, Jaysen wrote:

> Ok, hit a problem…
>
> Mrs has a small business where we need to collect sales tax. In the
> "quicken days" I would enter the days sales with a split of XXX to
> cash, and YYY to tax. Each was a cash account and was tracked
> separately.
>
> What is the anticipated method of doing this in MW?
>
> I can't seem to split the deposit to 2 accounts. Buckets are making a
> mess.

Jaysen,

You should be able to split part of a transaction to a cash account
easily with the first column checkbox on the split table. That
actually creates a transfer to your cash account.

Splits are not really designed though to split to accounts but rather
to buckets. I know that Quicken let you set a category to [Account
Name] an it would create a transfer but that also stopped you from
assigning a category to any transaction that was a transfer. It always
annoyed me that I had to do one or the other but couldn't have both.

You can select one of the split children transactions in MoneyWell and
assign a transfer to account, this just can't be done in the parent
transaction.

Peace,

Kevin Hoctor
ke...@nothirst.com