On Jun 9, 2009, at 3:17 PM, Daniel wrote:

> Should I be using the buckets for all of the accounts (ie. checking,
> savings, cash, credit cards, etc.), or should I just use it for my
> checking account? I'm a little confused by this, and wonder how I
> would use the buckets for accounts such as cash or credit cards.

Dan,

Yes, you want to use bucket assignments for all transactions in all
accounts. If you are managing your cash flow with the envelope
budgeting method, you have to treat all spending as part of your plan
so you don't  cheat and plan to restrict your dining out spending to
$200 per month but slip in a dinner on your Visa and avoid tracking
that.

All your transactions except transfers should be put into buckets.
Check out our videos and FAQs for more information.

Peace,

Kevin Hoctor
No Thirst Software LLC
ke...@nothirst.com
http://nothirst.com
http://kevinhoctor.blogspot.com

Check out our MoneyWell video tutorials:
http://nothirst.com/moneywell/tutorials/

Join our user forum to learn about new releases:
http://groups.google.com/group/no-thirst-software