I'm pretty new to this, and it seems every question is off-topic on
stackoverflow, so I'll ask here and if it is still off-topic here, may you
direct me to somewhere where it is relevant?

I have a distant Java server that transfers data to a Node socket. I need
to manipulate and use this data so that it appears on the webpage in a
different form, the manipulation of which can only be done on the
client-side JavaScript. Node accesses HTML which accesses JavaScript, so
there is a lot of (seemingly needless) depth involved and I'm finding it
incredibly difficult to get this data onto the JavaScript side.

What can JavaScript to to read and clear a file/variable which Node also
can? It seems that JavaScript is very limited by what it can do, which
makes this problem a heavy challenge for me.

Would the best way to be to set a variable in HTML to "input" and get Node
to write the data to it when it is received, and somehow get JavaScript to
read that variable and set it blank when it is done with it? Some intuition
would be appreciated. Thanks.

--
Job board: http://jobs.nodejs.org/
New group rules: