Hi.

I'm just wondering what might be the risks associated with manipulating the
contents of the node_modules folder outside the normal "npm install" etc
commands. IOW ... are there reasons why the a raw "drop in" of packages
into the node_modules is a bad idea Vs doing it through the normal "npm
install" mechanisms?

I have a colleague proposing this basic idea as a solution to a problem we
have (longer story that probably doesn't need airing here). For me, it just
feels like the wrong thing to do (scares me), but my "gut feeling" is not a
good enough reason for me to say that I think we should not consider doing
it.

So, I'd love if someone could enlighten me to the potential dangers, or if
there's no real danger and nothing to worry about.

Thanks guys.

Regards,

Tom.

--