1. instead of rebuilding ICU, you can also just supply the full ICU data
(you already have the full code) at runtime. See
https://nodejs.org/api/intl.html#intl_providing_icu_data_at_runtime and the
full-icu npm module.

2. You don't need to run ICU build or check as 'sudo' (in fact I would not
recommend it).  Only 'make install' should be needed as sudo.

3.  The node build of ICU (and possibly the separate build) seems to have
failed due to lack of virtual memory. Building ICU data files is memory

4. The reason uconv failed is probably because the data files failed to

Here are my suggestions for you in order:

1. I would investigate the URL above and try using `npm install full-icu`
and following the instructions given.

If you are planning to rebuild node,  you can use the system ICU with an
ICU from your system - on raspbian, try 'apt-get install libicu-dev' and it
will install a pre-built ICU.  configure with system-icu should pick up the
system-installed libicu-dev.  (you will need to manually uninstall ICU,
especially /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/*icu*.pc and /usr/local/include/unicode
and /usr/local/lib/libicu*

Hope this helps. Replying to both groups because this is relevant both to
node and general ICU build.

"nodejs" group.
to nodejs+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.