client.authenticate doesn't appear to be a method in this library. It may
be making some kind of request that's populating lastRequest, but I think
you need client.setSecurity(). See the docs here for an example:
https://github.com/vpulim/node-soap#basicauthsecurity

I'd also suggest skip the `sync.await` library. I'm not sure what it's
doing but it may be why lastResult is populated but the response doesn't
come back as you'd expect. Try it first the normal async way, then
promisify it later when you're sure it works.

HTH,
Mikkel
https://www.oblivious.io/

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/nodejs/a8e4aab4-ef46-4837-833f-3a7ed1b55b69%40googlegroups.com.