rashtraseva <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 01:00:40 +0530
From: rashtraseva <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Our Visit To Balakashram

Date:- 30-11-05

rashtraseva
THINK GLOBALLY ACT LOCALLY

Chief Editor

Sunil.S.Mishra

Assistant Editor

Suneeta Chaurasia

Sub Editor
A.V.J

We Welcome Your Suggestions:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Dear Readers,

You must have had an exciting, thrilling and joyful experience of celebrating the auspicious Deepawali!
We the team of Rashtraseva, take this opportunity to share our blissful experience of our visit to one of the BALAKASHRAM AT ANGAON---TULSI project.
Details about the TULSI project & the BALAKASHRAM have been given. A (power point show) pps.file covering the photographs of the ashram and its children have been attached.

Our Experience:

The Ashram comprises of 35 children (11 girls and 24 boys) between the age group of 4 years-18years. The quality of upbringing is seen in the behavior and mannerism of a person. Children were well disciplined, energetic, and obviously very adorable. They really touched our hearts!  We had a marvelous time with all there. We had taken some Deepawali gifts consisting of football, volleyball, chess, cricket set and eatables.

Within no time there was a comfort zone between us (the team and the children). We could feel that we are one amongst them. We played games, and taught them few games too, had lunch together. Their creativity was seen in their art works like, articles made of clay, drawings, small models of forts made of mud etc.

Children�s Experience

Children usually do express majority of their feelings and emotions through gestures and body languages. So we could literally feel and see happiness and anxiety on the face of the children there. When we asked them. How do they feel in the ashram? , the following was told by them
 ï¿½We never felt as if we are alone and are left in ashram, the atmosphere here is like a family, every time some people visit us, we feel very nice to know that there are people like you too who think about us and wants to share their moments with us�

They wanted us to stay with them for few days, and also expressed their feeling to visit them often.

Regards,

I) ABOUT THE  PROJECT

Tulsi prakalp is an initiation of Bhagini Nivedita Utkarsha Mandal, a registered trust, is one such attempt at helping the needy people. The trust has focused on providing orphans and under privileged children the basic necessities of life, education and healthcare in the backward areas of thane district.

Tulsi Prakalpa started in 1996 with an ashram for orphans and destitute children in KARAV in a temporary shed given by a Mumbai businessman. Since the accommodation was small and growing numbers needed space to expand the mandal felt the need to find a permanent place to house the ashram. A plot,of 17000 sq.ft. was generously donated to the cause by Smt.Vijaya Deo in Angaon, a village in thane district. Today the building stands complete in its first phase of construction due to the generosity and tremendous faith shown by our patrons in India and abroad. Their unsetting generosity saw the first phase of building of 4000 sq.ft. which houses six rooms, the dormitories, kitchen and office of ashram. The Ashram is now named the satyabhama Gajanan Deo Balakashram�, shifted into its new premises on the 30th July 2003

II) ROLE OF �TULSI PRAKALP�

 Tulsi prakalp project is indeed a project, which is helping our society to grow, because it is a project related to children who are the futures of our nation and economy.
Tulsi prakalp supports about 35 children at present i.e.11 girls and 24 boys. In the age group of 4-18 yrs.
�     It helps and supports them in many ways:
�     In this project each and every stage of children is taken care of, their studies, their day-to-day activities, their career etc.
�     In simple words this activity takes care mental and physical development of the children.
�     It helps them to develop their personality like discipline, team spirit, adjustment, culture & tradition etc.

      Life style of the children�s there:
1.     Exercise and sports is part of their life,
2.     Prayers, Bhajans, is what is taught to them while taking lunch and dinner and n the morning after getting up
3.     To study together
4.     To play together
5.     To have their meals together
6.     They have distribution of work  : they have made a timetable for both boys and girls to do the work like cleaning, cooking, monitoring,etc.
7.     They are independent .i.e. They do there own work  like cleaning utensils and washing their own cloths.
8.     They have a planed outing/ picnic, which is planned and organized by the institute.

III) NEED OF BAL ASHRAM

Bal ashram plays a very important role in our Society. As we know there are thousands of children who don�t have any support system, in the sense, either family wise, financial wise or culture wise. There are children who don�t have any one in the society and can be exploited easily in, many ways, exploitations through child labor, through making a channel for illegal activities, making unfair use of girl child etc.
Any BAL ashram plays a very important role in curbing this social crime.
This is one such ashram, which we visited during Diwali  �TULSI PRAKALAP�.

IV) ABOUT THE COORDINATOR

The trust's administrator and coordinator, Prof Moreshwar , points out that the home is not an orphanage. The 35 children who are its inmates are either destitute or have been relinquished by their parents or relatives. "The concept of an orphanage should undergo a change. An orphanage should be more like a home than like an institution. You can fulfill the material needs of a child, but what he or she needs most in life is love. The culture and tradition is to be taught, this should be showered in abundance. So an orphanage must be more like a home where a child can get love and affection,"
 every child has the right to a family and to loving parents. The trust tries to ensure that all the children from ashram get great personal care. Moreshwar manages the ashram.  He take cares of all the activities in the ashram, childrens day to day activities, studies, inheriting culture into them, counseling them, managing legal issues, traditional issues like marriage and career etc. all the children over there go to school and are doing well. The children there are bought up with all the sanskaras, like prayers, bhajans, eating together, doing there own work like washing clothes, cleaning there utensils etc, children are well disciplined, good at there studies as well as sports.
 The institution takes care of their studies as well as extra activities and also arranging    picnics for the children.  Recently they were planning to go to Mahableshwar.

V) ACTIVITIES OF THE ASHRAM

      Following activities are taken care by the ashram
1.     Accommodation i.e. shelter for the children,
2.     Studies of all the children
3.     Medical check up
4.     Extracurricular activities
5.     Technical activities like Stiching class and other primary activities for girls and boys
6.     Ashram helps in planning and helping for child career and future like for boys they are given opportunities to work, or to do higher studies. And for girls they are got married in a good family
7.     Girls are taught all the family values
8.      Boys are taught to be independent and a responsible person.

VI) FUTURE PLANS

Ashram  has given shelter to many children�s and in future also it is planning to give shelter to all the destitute child, it   may plan for  starting adoption center,
They want  to grow in terms of quantity  as well as quality. For that they require donations in kind as well as in cash.

VII) HOW CAN WE HELP THEM

       We can help such orphanage by kind or cash
1.     Being a sponsor parent of a child for one year. Rs: 7500
2.     By celebrating the birthday of a child to make them feel special Rs. 500
3.     By spending a memorial day with them                  Rs. 500
4.     Celebrating yours child�s birthday with them    Rs. 500
5.     By donating money to the Building Fund      Rs. 500
6.     By spending on feeling expenses of a child for one year   Rs.6000
7.     By Spending for the educational expenses of a child   Rs. 1000
8.     By spending for a school uniform and 2 civil dress and 2 sets of undergarments and accessories
9.     By spending medical expenses for one year: Rs. 8000

Donations given for � The Bhagini Nivedita Utkarsha Mandal�
Are exempted from income-tax under section 80 G

                                   *** Lets Work Together For The Society. ***

Efficiency is the capacity to bring proficiency into _expression_.

Efficiency is the capacity to bring proficiency into _expression_.

Yahoo! Personals

<b>Coalition to Uproot Ragging from Education (CURE)</b>

College student loan College student credit card offer College student credit cards
College student insurance College and university search College student gift

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS