Hi All,
*   Foundation For Excellence (www.ffe.org<http://www.ffe.org>) is a
 California based not for profit organization which is focusing on
 helping needy students to attend engineering and medical studies. They
 specifically provide assistance to Engineering & Medical degree students
 as that has a immediate effect on the family of the student to move out
 of poverty cycle.
   *   FFE has provided 10,500+ scholarships over the last 15 periods all
 over  India. Unfortunately, FFE could not make any progress for North
 Eastern states (Assam got only 3 scholarships so far). Statistics
 here<http://www.ffe.org/documents/ScholarshipProgramStatistics2009.pdf>.
   *   The new executive director of FFE Mr Vishnu Sharma wants to amend
 that trend and asked our help in creating a FFE chapter for the NEast
 India.
   *   We can mutually help everyone by actively participating in the NE
 Chapter to spread awareness about this scholarship in our states and
 linking them to FFE.

 Here is the detail of the scholarship:

   *   This scholarship is of $500 per year for all 4 years for study
   *   It is only for students entering engineering or medical 4year degree
 course in the current year.
   *   For 2010, eligible candidates need to pass class 12 not before 2008
 and should join the degree course this year
   *   The eligible candidate has to obtain more than 80% of the marks
 obtained by the first ranked student in class12 exam.(Refer
http://ffe.org/programs/academic-eligibility.php)
   *   The eligible candidate's family income should not exceed Rs120000
 per year (Refer http://ffe.org/programs/family-income-criteria.php)
   *   The application for the scholarship has to be made by Sep 30th. So
 we need to act now.

 Here is how we can help:

   *   Folks in US can sign up as FFE Coordinators. Coordinator needs to help
FFE interacting facilitators  and beneficiaries in India
  *   India based folks can sign up as facilitators . Facilitator is a
important role as she/he has to investigate the eligibility criteria of the
student and later monitor  and mentor the student and most important of all,
FFE sends the check in  her/his address to hand over to the students. We need
reliable people  for this roles.
*   We can communicate with the engineering and medical colleges to spread the
news (Parth da,  I would also like to have a talk with u personally regarding
this either on phone or through mail )
  *   We can spread the news in higher secondary schools .
 All, please note that the time is short as we need to get the application
 process done by September. Also, many needy students need to know about
 this program before they stop applying for these courses due to economic
 conditions.
Regards,
Rajdeep