Send Notepad-plus-plus mailing list submissions to
        notepad-plus-plus@lists.sourceforge.net

To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
        https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/notepad-plus-plus
or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

You can reach the person managing the list at
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
than "Re: Contents of Notepad-plus-plus digest..."


Today's Topics:

   1. [notepad-plus - Open Discussion] RE: Saving       file before Run
      External (SourceForge.net)
   2. [notepad-plus - Plugin Development] RE: Plugin    Creation + Tab
      Ordering (SourceForge.net)
   3. [notepad-plus - Help] RE: Copy existing   language to new
      language (SourceForge.net)
   4. [notepad-plus - Open Discussion] Open Explorer    window to
      current file? (SourceForge.net)
   5. [notepad-plus - Open Discussion] RE: File Icons   to Notepad++
      (SourceForge.net)
   6. [notepad-plus - Help] RE: Autocomplete without    Ctrl-Space
      (SourceForge.net)
   7. [notepad-plus - Help] RE: Custom Tabstops (SourceForge.net)
   8. [notepad-plus - Plugin Development] RE:   FTP_synchronize 0.9.5
      released (SourceForge.net)
   9. [notepad-plus - Plugin Development] RE:   FTP_synchronize 0.9.5
      released (SourceForge.net)
  10. [notepad-plus - Open Discussion] RE: Open Explorer window to
      current file? (SourceForge.net)
  11. [notepad-plus - Help] RE: greedy and non-greedy   reg ex
      (SourceForge.net)
  12. [notepad-plus - Open Discussion] RE: Open Explorer window to
      current file? (SourceForge.net)


----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: 1
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 07:45:05 -0800
From: "SourceForge.net" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [Notepad-plus-plus] [notepad-plus - Open Discussion] RE:
        Saving  file before Run External
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Message-ID: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"


Read and respond to this message at: 
https://sourceforge.net/forum/message.php?msg_id=4647776
By: nobody

You could use npp_exec plugin: 
npp_save  -  save current file in Notepad++
npp_save <file>  -  save specified file opened in Notepad++

then with npp_run you can launch your external compiler
All this command can be part of a script that you can run from the plugin

Regards

Mauro

______________________________________________________________________
You are receiving this email because you elected to monitor this forum.
To stop monitoring this forum, login to SourceForge.net and visit: 
https://sourceforge.net/forum/unmonitor.php?forum_id=331753



------------------------------

Message: 2
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 08:09:59 -0800
From: "SourceForge.net" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [Notepad-plus-plus] [notepad-plus - Plugin Development] RE:
        Plugin  Creation + Tab Ordering
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Message-ID: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"


Read and respond to this message at: 
https://sourceforge.net/forum/message.php?msg_id=4647812
By: deuniel

Cool! That would be awesome! 

______________________________________________________________________
You are receiving this email because you elected to monitor this forum.
To stop monitoring this forum, login to SourceForge.net and visit: 
https://sourceforge.net/forum/unmonitor.php?forum_id=482781



------------------------------

Message: 3
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 08:57:22 -0800
From: "SourceForge.net" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [Notepad-plus-plus] [notepad-plus - Help] RE: Copy existing
        language to new language
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Message-ID: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"


Read and respond to this message at: 
https://sourceforge.net/forum/message.php?msg_id=4647916
By: fidvo

Oops.  You're right.  Maybe now I'll learn not to post without testing first.

Unfortunately, the format of the UserDefinedLang.xml looks to be different than
Langs.xml, so you might be stuck.  At the very least, you should be able to
copy the keywords from the "instre1" tag from the Langs.xml to the "words1"
tag in the UserDefinedLang.xml.  Then copy the WordStyles from stylers.xml 
(which
also has a vb section).  It looks like there are only about ten lines or so
that you would need to copy over.  You may need to do a little more cleanup,
but I think that will work.

I know it's more work than you had hoped, but that's the best I can come up
with.

(Just a reminder: make sure you make backups of all the files first)


______________________________________________________________________
You are receiving this email because you elected to monitor this forum.
To stop monitoring this forum, login to SourceForge.net and visit: 
https://sourceforge.net/forum/unmonitor.php?forum_id=331754



------------------------------

Message: 4
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 10:40:30 -0800
From: "SourceForge.net" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [Notepad-plus-plus] [notepad-plus - Open Discussion] Open
        Explorer        window to current file?
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Message-ID: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"


Read and respond to this message at: 
https://sourceforge.net/forum/message.php?msg_id=4648106
By: edmicman

Via the Run... (F5) command, is it possible to open an Explorer instance in
the current directory that the open file is in?  I can enter "explorer.exe"
as the run command, but is there something I can pass to it to open to the 
current
directory that contains the focused open file?

______________________________________________________________________
You are receiving this email because you elected to monitor this forum.
To stop monitoring this forum, login to SourceForge.net and visit: 
https://sourceforge.net/forum/unmonitor.php?forum_id=331753



------------------------------

Message: 5
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 10:42:51 -0800
From: "SourceForge.net" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [Notepad-plus-plus] [notepad-plus - Open Discussion] RE: File
        Icons   to Notepad++
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Message-ID: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"


Read and respond to this message at: 
https://sourceforge.net/forum/message.php?msg_id=4648111
By: gothnerd

i've reviewed these icons and they are very nice.

______________________________________________________________________
You are receiving this email because you elected to monitor this forum.
To stop monitoring this forum, login to SourceForge.net and visit: 
https://sourceforge.net/forum/unmonitor.php?forum_id=331753



------------------------------

Message: 6
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 10:46:59 -0800
From: "SourceForge.net" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [Notepad-plus-plus] [notepad-plus - Help] RE: Autocomplete
        without Ctrl-Space
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Message-ID: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"


Read and respond to this message at: 
https://sourceforge.net/forum/message.php?msg_id=4648126
By: nobody

Thank you. At first I couldn't find it however once I downloaded the latest
version of Notepad++ there it was. The only thing I'm wondering now is if you
can turn it off while pressing enter (for spacing, etc).

______________________________________________________________________
You are receiving this email because you elected to monitor this forum.
To stop monitoring this forum, login to SourceForge.net and visit: 
https://sourceforge.net/forum/unmonitor.php?forum_id=331754



------------------------------

Message: 7
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 11:37:12 -0800
From: "SourceForge.net" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [Notepad-plus-plus] [notepad-plus - Help] RE: Custom Tabstops
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Message-ID: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"


Read and respond to this message at: 
https://sourceforge.net/forum/message.php?msg_id=4648198
By: nobody

I suggest you use a word processor, then. An editor doesn't need such 
funtionality,
because it can't store these tab positions within the file.


______________________________________________________________________
You are receiving this email because you elected to monitor this forum.
To stop monitoring this forum, login to SourceForge.net and visit: 
https://sourceforge.net/forum/unmonitor.php?forum_id=331754



------------------------------

Message: 8
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 12:00:18 -0800
From: "SourceForge.net" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [Notepad-plus-plus] [notepad-plus - Plugin Development] RE:
        FTP_synchronize 0.9.5 released
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Message-ID: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"


Read and respond to this message at: 
https://sourceforge.net/forum/message.php?msg_id=4648233
By: harrybharry

Well, I know what the p[roblem is, the ftp:\ part, windows does not allow ':'
in paths, but the storage enforces the name of thwe server. Could you try to
remove the ftp:/ part? I believe it to be unneccesary anyway (www.knehuk.net
should be more than enough, the entire URL is not needed. To be more specific,
the plugin needs the hostname only. When provided one, it will ask windows for
the server that belongs to it. The URL you provided contains the hostname
(knehuk.net), but also the location of a file on that host which is useless
with FTP (or atleast this plugin)).
In short, use www.knehuk.net for the servername (knehuk.net might work aswell,
but that depends on the server)

______________________________________________________________________
You are receiving this email because you elected to monitor this forum.
To stop monitoring this forum, login to SourceForge.net and visit: 
https://sourceforge.net/forum/unmonitor.php?forum_id=482781



------------------------------

Message: 9
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 12:02:26 -0800
From: "SourceForge.net" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [Notepad-plus-plus] [notepad-plus - Plugin Development] RE:
        FTP_synchronize 0.9.5 released
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Message-ID: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"


Read and respond to this message at: 
https://sourceforge.net/forum/message.php?msg_id=4648237
By: harrybharry

Well, sourceforge forums made my last comment into a hyperlink which is _not_
what I intended, just remove the 'http://' part and you should be all set

______________________________________________________________________
You are receiving this email because you elected to monitor this forum.
To stop monitoring this forum, login to SourceForge.net and visit: 
https://sourceforge.net/forum/unmonitor.php?forum_id=482781



------------------------------

Message: 10
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 12:10:58 -0800
From: "SourceForge.net" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [Notepad-plus-plus] [notepad-plus - Open Discussion] RE: Open
        Explorer window to current file?
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Message-ID: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"


Read and respond to this message at: 
https://sourceforge.net/forum/message.php?msg_id=4648248
By: harrybharry

explorer "$(CURRENT_DIRECTORY)" ought to do it

Note to Don: is it really a must to specify a shortcut. The more general problem
is: When specifying a shortcut, Notepad++ enforces you to do so. So when you
for instance remap a plugin shortcut you cannot unmap it (although its possible
to remap it to the same mapping). I'd like to be able to specify a 'blank' 
shortcut
so that either the default gets used or no shortcut is mapped.


______________________________________________________________________
You are receiving this email because you elected to monitor this forum.
To stop monitoring this forum, login to SourceForge.net and visit: 
https://sourceforge.net/forum/unmonitor.php?forum_id=331753



------------------------------

Message: 11
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 12:15:47 -0800
From: "SourceForge.net" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [Notepad-plus-plus] [notepad-plus - Help] RE: greedy and
        non-greedy      reg ex
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Message-ID: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"


Read and respond to this message at: 
https://sourceforge.net/forum/message.php?msg_id=4648262
By: nobody

> <font[^>]*>.*</font> is an (admittedly, unescaped - it should have been
<font[^>]*>.*<\/font>)
> regex that matches > the contents of a pair of opening/closing font tags,
such as that given
> in the example. It doesn't match the bolded sequence (unless I've 
> misunderstood
your point there).

Actually, it does match/find the bolded sequence (ie: "<font>This is some
<b>bolded</b> text.</font>")
whether the "/" is escaped or not (it doesn't need to be escaped).
 
> The other example given: <font[^>]*>[^<]*</font> would not match the above
text, because there
> is an open-angle-bracket before the closing font tag, so the regex would fail.

What I gave, the "<font[^>]*>[^<]*</font>", I admit isn't going to be useful
on its own.
However, it isn't "greedy".  Given the greedy regular expression implemention
in N++
(which I think is probably desirable), one might want to start with non-greedy
expressions and eliminate the nested/inner matching data and then look/search
to see what's
left before completing the necessary replacement.  I suspect there isn't much
that can't be
accomplished this way.

>> Who's "the comma smart guy"?

I, too, can run a lot of commas for the, not so, smart guys?

______________________________________________________________________
You are receiving this email because you elected to monitor this forum.
To stop monitoring this forum, login to SourceForge.net and visit: 
https://sourceforge.net/forum/unmonitor.php?forum_id=331754



------------------------------

Message: 12
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 12:26:00 -0800
From: "SourceForge.net" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [Notepad-plus-plus] [notepad-plus - Open Discussion] RE: Open
        Explorer window to current file?
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Message-ID: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"


Read and respond to this message at: 
https://sourceforge.net/forum/message.php?msg_id=4648275
By: edmicman

Awesome - thank you!!  I ended up going with this:

explorer /e,"$(CURRENT_DIRECTORY)"

which opens explorer with the folders view, too.

Next question....where are these shortcuts stored, or why can't I edit created
shortcuts?  I deleted some mistakes via the Shortcut Mapper, but is there not
a way to edit existing Run... shortcuts?  Or even a plaintext file?  I didn't
see it in the configuration files....

Thanks again!

______________________________________________________________________
You are receiving this email because you elected to monitor this forum.
To stop monitoring this forum, login to SourceForge.net and visit: 
https://sourceforge.net/forum/unmonitor.php?forum_id=331753



------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
SF.Net email is sponsored by: The Future of Linux Business White Paper
from Novell.  From the desktop to the data center, Linux is going
mainstream.  Let it simplify your IT future.
http://altfarm.mediaplex.com/ad/ck/8857-50307-18918-4

------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Notepad-plus-plus mailing list
Notepad-plus-plus@lists.sourceforge.net
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/notepad-plus-plus


End of Notepad-plus-plus Digest, Vol 18, Issue 88
*************************************************

Reply via email to