Desde: 11-03-2003
Hasta: 13-03-2003
Lugar: Creta, Grecia

Dear Colleague

We are pleased to announce SURFACE TREATMENT 2003, the Sixth
International
Conference on Computer Methods and Experimental Measurements for Surface
Treatment Effects . The meeting will take place from 11 - 13 March 2003
at
the Capsis Beach Hotel on the Greek island of Crete.

For further details about the conference objectives, topics and
submission requirements please see below or visit our website at:
http://www.wessex.ac.uk/conferences/2003/surface2003/1.html

If you are not the right point of contact for this material I apologise,
and
would appreciate you forwarding this to the correct person or providing
me
with the contact details.

Sincerely

C A Brebbia, Wessex Institute of Technology, UK
J T N de Hosson, University of Groningen, The Netherlands
S I Nishida, Saga UniverisIty, Japan

Conference Chairmen

======================
SURFACE TREATMENT 2003
======================
Sixth International Conference on Computer Methods and Experimental
Measurements for Surface Treatment Effects

11 - 13 March 2003, Crete, Greece

Organised by:
Wessex Institute of Technology, UK

INTRODUCTION

Surface Treatment 2003 is the sixth international conference in this
successful series on Computer Methods and Experimental Measurements for
Surface Treatment Effects. The meeting will encourage international
co-operation among scientists, technologists and engineers, as well as
assisting in creating a better understanding of areas such as fatigue
fracture and wear resistance.

The use of surface treatments cannot only reduce the cost of expensive
components employed in critical applications, but also extend the useful
lifetime of existing structural elements or increase the load carrying
capacity for the same life. In recent years, these problems have
received
considerable attention from the engineering and scientific community.

Surface Treatment 2003 will particularly emphasise the application of
advanced theories and experimental techniques. Participants are
encouraged to
critically review existing ideas and explore new research in this
multidisciplinary field.

The conference series first started in Southampton, UK (1993); and
continued
in Milan, Italy (1995); Oxford, UK (1997); Assisi, Italy (1999); and
Seville,
Spain (2001).

CONFERENCE TOPICS
Shoot Peening
Surface Coating
Rolling, Grinding and Polishing
Electrical and Electrochemical Processes
Residual Stress Effects
Changing Materials Properties
Solidification Induced Effects
Corrosion and Stress Corrosion
Fatigue and Fracture Mechanics
Laser Surface Treatment

CALL FOR PAPERS

Papers are invited on the topics outlined above and others falling
within the
scope of the meeting. Abstracts of no more than 300 words should be
submitted
by mail, fax, email or via our website as soon as possible.

ELECTRONIC SUBMISSION

We strongly encourage the submission of abstracts electronically.

Please complete the ABSTRACT SUBMISSION FORM on our website at:
http://www.wessex.ac.uk/conferences/2003/surface2003/1.html

OR submit your abstract via email to the Conference Secretariat at:
enquir...@wessex.ac.uk.  Please insert SURFACE TREATMENT 2003 in the
subject
line and also include your name, full address and conference topic in
the
main body of your email.

For further instructions on paper submission, please see:
http://www.witpress.com/author_instruction.html

TIME  SCHEDULE

Submit Abstract (300 words):
As soon as possible

PROCEEDINGS

The Proceedings of this conference will be published in hard cover book
form
by WIT Press and will be available to delegates at the time of
registration.
In addition the Proceedings will be widely distributed after the
conference
through the international book trade. The language of the conference
will be
English.

CONFERENCE SECRETARIAT

Stacey Hobbs
Conference Secretariat
SURFACE TREATMENT 2003
Wessex Institute of Technology
Ashurst Lodge, Ashurst
Southampton, SO40 7AA, UK

Tel:  + 44 (0) 238 029 3223
Fax:  + 44 (0) 238 029 2853
Email: enquir...@wessex.ac.uk

VISIT THE CONFERENCE WEBSITE AT:
http://www.wessex.ac.uk/conferences/2003/surface2003/1.html

WESSEX INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY

Wessex Institute of Technology is a research centre with an
international
reputation for engineering excellence.  The Institute runs a PhD
programme
and has put forward a series of innovations - including the boundary
element
method, which are now widely used by industry. The Institute produces up
date information and training in advanced engineering via the media of
courses, conferences and publications. The aim is to provide a link
between
research engineers, scientists and practising engineers in i
Los mensajes son archivados en la pagina Web del AMCA
           http://venus.arcride.edu.ar/AMCA

Responder a