leonaves commented on issue #946: Support newer SpiderMonkey release?
URL: https://github.com/apache/couchdb/issues/946#issuecomment-368353763
 
 
   I don't know if I've followed some of those threads incorrectly, but is 
[this 
person](https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COUCHDB-1397?focusedCommentId=13199747&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel#comment-13199747)
 correct in their statement:
   
   > it is the people writing
   > ```json
   > {"map": "var d=1; function(doc)
   > { emit(doc._id, d); }"}
   > ```
   > that should find their code not working, as they are using undocumented 
features.
   
   Breaking undocumented features isn't a breaking change. I accept that a 
large number of users may rely on this, but resisting changes that break things 
you never promised to stay working for the sake of existing users is pretty 
short sighted IMO, especially given the growing ES6+ community.

----------------------------------------------------------------
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.
 
For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]


With regards,
Apache Git Services

Reply via email to