chewbranca commented on issue #1246: [DISCUSS] Remove duplicate authorisation check URL: https://github.com/apache/couchdb/pull/1246#issuecomment-376583614 I'm kind of -0.5 to this, at least without someone taking a very close look at this. The removed check ` - fabric:get_security(DbName, [{user_ctx,Ctx}]), % calls check_is_reader` is the primary check for reader access. I forget why the duplicate call to `fabric:get_security` was added to the auth check modules, but it was a relatively new addition in 2.x, whereas the check in `do_db_req` has been the primary check for a long time. That said, the duplication of `fabric:get_security` is a bit brutal given how much of a hog that request is; this would be a non issue if we had `cassim` caching these values. If we can legitimately remove the duplication then great, but I'm concerned as this is removing the primary db reader check that has been used for many years, so let's make sure we get it right.
---------------------------------------------------------------- This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service. To respond to the message, please log on GitHub and use the URL above to go to the specific comment. For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at: [email protected] With regards, Apache Git Services
