[ 
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GROOVY-8281?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
 ]

Dominik Przybysz updated GROOVY-8281:
-------------------------------------
    Summary: Final field is null in trait, but it has assigned value  (was: 
Final field is null in trait, but it has value)

> Final field is null in trait, but it has assigned value
> -------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: GROOVY-8281
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GROOVY-8281
>             Project: Groovy
>          Issue Type: Bug
>    Affects Versions: 2.4.8, 2.4.9, 2.4.10, 2.4.11, 2.4.12
>            Reporter: Dominik Przybysz
>
> I have a code like this:
> {code}
> trait MyTrait {
>       final String myValue = "test"
>       final Wrapper wrapper = new Wrapper(myValue)
> }
> class Wrapper {
>       Wrapper(String value){
>               if(value == null) {
>                       throw new Exception("Value is null!!!") 
>               }
>               println "OK: $value"
>       }
> }
> class Main implements MyTrait {}
> new Main()
> {code}
> Everything works as expected with groovy 2.4.7:
> {code}
> $ sdk u groovy 2.4.7
> Using groovy version 2.4.7 in this shell.
> $ groovy bug.groovy 
> OK: test
> {code}
> but newer versions of groovy do not compile this code (2.4.8, 2.4.9, 2.4.10) 
> or have null to value (2.4.11, 2.4.12):
> {code}
> $ sdk u groovy 2.4.8
> Using groovy version 2.4.8 in this shell.
> $ groovy bug.groovy 
> org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup 
> failed:
> ~/bug.groovy: 3: Apparent variable 'myValue' was found in a static scope but 
> doesn't refer to a local variable, static field or class. Possible causes:
> You attempted to reference a variable in the binding or an instance variable 
> from a static context.
> You misspelled a classname or statically imported field. Please check the 
> spelling.
> You attempted to use a method 'myValue' but left out brackets in a place not 
> allowed by the grammar.
>  @ line 3, column 38.
>       final Wrapper wrapper = new Wrapper(myValue)
>                                         ^
> 1 error
> $ sdk u groovy 2.4.9
> Using groovy version 2.4.9 in this shell.
> $ groovy bug.groovy 
> org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup 
> failed:
> ~/bug.groovy: 3: Apparent variable 'myValue' was found in a static scope but 
> doesn't refer to a local variable, static field or class. Possible causes:
> You attempted to reference a variable in the binding or an instance variable 
> from a static context.
> You misspelled a classname or statically imported field. Please check the 
> spelling.
> You attempted to use a method 'myValue' but left out brackets in a place not 
> allowed by the grammar.
>  @ line 3, column 38.
>       final Wrapper wrapper = new Wrapper(myValue)
>                                         ^
> ~/bug.groovy: 3: Apparent variable 'myValue' was found in a static scope but 
> doesn't refer to a local variable, static field or class. Possible causes:
> You attempted to reference a variable in the binding or an instance variable 
> from a static context.
> You misspelled a classname or statically imported field. Please check the 
> spelling.
> You attempted to use a method 'myValue' but left out brackets in a place not 
> allowed by the grammar.
>  @ line 3, column 38.
>       final Wrapper wrapper = new Wrapper(myValue)
>                                         ^
> 2 errors
> $ sdk u groovy 2.4.10
> Using groovy version 2.4.10 in this shell.
> $ groovy bug.groovy 
> org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup 
> failed:
> ~/bug.groovy: 3: Apparent variable 'myValue' was found in a static scope but 
> doesn't refer to a local variable, static field or class. Possible causes:
> You attempted to reference a variable in the binding or an instance variable 
> from a static context.
> You misspelled a classname or statically imported field. Please check the 
> spelling.
> You attempted to use a method 'myValue' but left out brackets in a place not 
> allowed by the grammar.
>  @ line 3, column 38.
>       final Wrapper wrapper = new Wrapper(myValue)
>                                         ^
> ~/bug.groovy: 3: Apparent variable 'myValue' was found in a static scope but 
> doesn't refer to a local variable, static field or class. Possible causes:
> You attempted to reference a variable in the binding or an instance variable 
> from a static context.
> You misspelled a classname or statically imported field. Please check the 
> spelling.
> You attempted to use a method 'myValue' but left out brackets in a place not 
> allowed by the grammar.
>  @ line 3, column 38.
>       final Wrapper wrapper = new Wrapper(myValue)
>                                         ^
> 2 errors
> $ sdk u groovy 2.4.11
> Using groovy version 2.4.11 in this shell.
> $ groovy bug.groovy 
> Caught: java.lang.Exception: Value is null!!!
> java.lang.Exception: Value is null!!!
>       at Wrapper.<init>(bug.groovy:9)
>       at MyTrait$Trait$Helper.$init$(bug.groovy:3)
>       at Main.<init>(bug.groovy)
>       at bug.run(bug.groovy:17)
> $ sdk u groovy 2.4.12
> Using groovy version 2.4.12 in this shell.
> $ groovy bug.groovy 
> Caught: java.lang.Exception: Value is null!!!
> java.lang.Exception: Value is null!!!
>       at Wrapper.<init>(bug.groovy:9)
>       at MyTrait$Trait$Helper.$init$(bug.groovy:3)
>       at Main.<init>(bug.groovy)
>       at bug.run(bug.groovy:17)
> {code}



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.4.14#64029)

Reply via email to