rebenitez1802 commented on PR #44529:
URL: https://github.com/apache/superset/pull/44529#issuecomment-5914764504

   Request changes: I reproduced a live-rendering failure in the 
Safari-selected interleaved path on `33116e1a04`; image-export validation 
remains incomplete.
   
   **🔴 High — Interleaved rendering exposes incompatible deck.gl dependencies**
   I tested the PR locally using a fresh `npm ci`, the webpack development 
server, and actual Safari 26.4 on macOS 26.4.1 through WebDriver, with MapLibre 
and OpenStreetMap raster tiles. Heatmap, Contour, ScreenGrid, Grid, Hexagon, 
Scatterplot, and extruded Hexagon all raised `TypeError: deck.getView is not a 
function`; inspecting the underlying Heatmap and extruded Hexagon views showed 
the basemap without the data layer.
   
   To isolate the change, I temporarily restored only `DeckGLContainer.tsx` 
from the parent commit, removing the two `interleaved` props while keeping the 
other PR changes, installed dependencies, and chart data unchanged. All seven 
charts then rendered without that runtime error; restoring the PR file 
reproduced the failure. This was a controlled component comparison, not a 
separate full build of the previous commit.
   
   The dependency evidence points to a pre-existing mismatch exposed by this 
change: the committed lockfile resolves `@deck.gl/[email protected]` against 
`@deck.gl/[email protected]`, the adapter requires core `~9.3.0` and calls 
`deck.getView()`, and installed core 9.2.6 lacks that method. The relevant 
installed source files match the published npm archives. Native Chrome rendered 
the Heatmap without errors, but the same Chrome engine reproduced the error 
when a Safari user-agent selected this code path, so this is not specific to 
the Safari engine.
   
   I could not complete export acceptance: a representative PNG attempt, 
triggered through the normal menu's DOM handlers after hiding development error 
overlays, logged `Creating image failed — SecurityError: The operation is 
insecure.` I have not isolated that exception from the development setup, so I 
am not attributing it to this PR as a separate bug. Mapbox, a production build, 
the full interaction/export matrix, and vector-label/depth ordering were not 
validated.
   
   Could you check the adapter/core version alignment, including the root core 
override, before we repeat the Safari checks? I have not tested a 
dependency-alignment fix, and reverting interleaved mode was only a diagnostic 
control, not a proposed export fix.
   


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]

Reply via email to