lilyvc opened a new issue, #44872:
URL: https://github.com/apache/superset/issues/44872

   ### Bug description
   
   When a geohash-decode chart's query returns zero rows, the post-processing 
step reports "Invalid geohash string" — implying the data contains a malformed 
geohash — when the real problem is simply that there are no rows at all.
   
   **How to reproduce the bug**
   
   ```python
   from pandas import DataFrame
   from superset.utils.pandas_postprocessing.geography import geohash_decode
   
   # Any query result with 0 rows:
   geohash_decode(DataFrame({"gh": []}), "gh", "lon", "lat")
   # InvalidPostProcessingError: Invalid geohash string
   ```
   
   `geography.py` unpacks `zip(*df[geohash].apply(decode))` into `(latitude, 
longitude)`; on an empty frame `zip(*...)` yields nothing, the unpack raises 
`ValueError: not enough values to unpack`, and the except clause re-raises it 
as `InvalidPostProcessingError("Invalid geohash string")`.
   
   **Expected results**
   
   An empty result set should return an empty frame (chart renders "no data"), 
and "Invalid geohash string" should only surface when a value actually fails to 
decode.
   
   **Actual results**
   
   Every empty geohash query is reported to the user as a data-format error, 
sending debugging effort in the wrong direction.
   
   
   ### Screenshots/recordings
   
   _No response_
   
   ### Superset version
   
   master / latest-dev
   
   ### Python version
   
   3.11
   
   ### Node version
   
   16
   
   ### Browser
   
   Chrome
   
   ### Additional context
   
   _No response_
   
   ### Checklist
   
   - [ ] I have searched Superset docs and Slack and didn't find a solution to 
my problem.
   - [ ] I have searched the GitHub issue tracker and didn't find a similar bug 
report.
   - [ ] I have checked Superset's logs for errors and if I found a relevant 
Python stacktrace, I included it here as text in the "additional context" 
section.


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]

Reply via email to