villebro commented on issue #44989: URL: https://github.com/apache/superset/issues/44989#issuecomment-6002495426
Thanks @msyavuz for this writeup! A few thoughts/questions: - There's a mention of Live updates happening through polling every 5 seconds. However, for SIP-231 I'm already moving primarily towards an async+realtime direction as proposed in [SIP-227](https://github.com/apache/superset/issues/44174), which would make it possible to completely skip polling and have instantaneous updates. As Canvas + Widgets is a massive change in itself, I feel now is a great opportunity to clean up design debt and just standardize on fully async and realtime operations going forward. - If you are going to be working on Canvas, I feel it makes sense to have a shared feature branch for this and SIP-231, as then I can directly start implementing widgets on Canvas (as discussed, the "Widget only" Explore view will likely just be Canvas with a single Widget and no layouts). -- This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service. To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the URL above to go to the specific comment. To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected] For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at: [email protected] --------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected] For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]
