also sprach David Bremner <da...@tethera.net> [2009.12.17.0218 +1300]:
> I agree that the labels-in-headers approach has some nice
> advantages.  I haven't thought through merging of tag lists, but
> maybe that is no worse than other approaches.  One thing that
> worries me a bit is that notmuch updates tags often, and each of
> these updates would require rewriting the message, at least in the
> obvious implementation.

If we separated implicit and explicit tags, then that issue would
not exist, and from all I can tell, only the privacy issues, and the
risk of losing mail when files are rewritten persist.

DISCLAIMER: this entire message is privileged communication, intended
for the sole use of its recipients only. If you read it even though
you know you aren't supposed to, you're a poopy-head.

spamtraps: madduck.bo...@madduck.net