On Fri, 19 Feb 2010 11:39:04 +0100 (CET), Johannes Schindelin
<johannes.schinde...@gmx.de> wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Feb 2010, Michal Sojka wrote:
>
> > as you can read bellow, I'd like to use git's test-lib.sh in a GPLv3
> > project. Do you mind if I use your work in that file under GPLv3?
>
> I do not mind, but I would like to ask that you contribute the
> improvements back under GPLv2.

Thanks everyone for your agreement.

And yes, we'll contribute back any improvements under GPLv2.

I think the most clear step forward would be for test-lib.sh to be
updated in the git repository with an explicit licensing blurb
reflecting this agreement. The most convenient would be something using
the standard language of "either version 2 of the License, or (at your
option) any later version".

Then, any generic improvements we make within notmuch, (such as a --tap
option or whatever), I'll be sure to pass on to the git community.

Thanks again,

-Carl