On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 12:35:16 +0200, "Sebastian Spaeth" <sebast...@sspaeth.de>
wrote:
> On 2010-03-05, Jesse Rosenthal wrote:
> > One element of traditional clients that I've missed in notmuch is the
> > ability to easily see which messages have been replied to. A look at the
> > thread structure will often make that clear, but for both searching and
> > syncing, an "answered" tag would be nice.
>
> This patch has been working great so far and is very useful. Can I
> persuade someone to take this into the notmuch code and have a defcustom
> as to which tag a reply should get (or disable if nil)?

I'd like to see the in as well.

Since we name the action of responding to a message "reply" in the
documentation already, my vote for a default tag to add would be
"replied".

Supporting the removal of a tag as well is clever, but I wouldn't
suggest doing that by default (the patch doesn't anyway). And instead,
people could do things like searches for "tag:reply-required and not
tag:replied".

So here's my vote for someone cleaning this up into a patch that could
be applied directly to notmuch rather than just being a snippet of code
to shove into .emacs.

-Carl