On 01/28/2011 08:05 PM, Stewart Smith wrote:
> I'm about at the point where I'm going to take my git mail store
> experiments and get them really to work (and everyone will have to use
> 'notmuch cat' or the like to access the messages)

Would this hypothetical git-based mail store retain the atomicity and
lockless concurrent-access of a maildir?  That is, could it be used in a
server environment?

> which should provide
> both great storage efficiency, much faster backups of your Maildir as
> well as having way fewer paths to traverse checking for new mail.

when you say "backups of your Maildir" do you mean "backups of your
git-based mail store" ?  or is this somehow a literal Maildir stored in git?

Intrigued,

        --dkg