On Mar 17, 2011 at 11:12 PM +1100, Bart Bunting wrote:
Has anyone compiled notmuch for the mac?

If so how?  I'm new to the mac and can find xapian but not the other
libraries notmuch requires.

I *just* did this a couple hours ago for the first time. I think I already had all the dependancies installed previously. I'm pretty sure I built xapian by hand. Talloc and GMime I installed via macports.

I ran into an issue with running notmuch from any directory other than the notmuch/lib source directory because the binary was linked to `libnotmuch.1.dylib` and not `/usr/local/lib/libnotmuch.1.dylib`. Running the following command on the binary seemed to fix that problem, though I'm not sure why it occurred in the first place.

sudo install_name_tool -change libnotmuch.1.dylib \ /usr/local/lib/libnotmuch.1.dylib /usr/local/bin/notmuch

Tim